webO3 employs an Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") to maintain the integrity and performance of its IT equipment. In a shared web hosting environment, several clients share the resources of a given server. It is therefore important not to use your hosting account in a way that negatively affects other webO3 customers. Our PUA describes what is and what is not allowed on our servers. By using our services, you agree to comply with our PUA. Failure to comply with the PUA may cause suspension or closure of your account without prior notice. webO3 remains the sole mediator as to what constitutes a breach of the AUP.
2. Illegal Activities
You may not use webO3 services for illegal purposes. You agree to comply with any applicable government regulations, laws or rules.
3. Spam Policy
webO3 has a zero tolerance spam policy. It is prohibited to send unsolicited email from or to our servers under any circumstances.
4. Software and Scripts Allowed
All software and scripts installed on your account must be free from vulnerabilities, viruses, and malware. Any software with documented vulnerabilities on the Internet is strictly prohibited on our servers. It is your responsibility to install security updates for all software you install in a timely manner.
Popular web software such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, phpBB, as well as their extensions, modules and add-ons, are particularly vulnerable because of their popularity, and extra vigilance should be employed to ensure that the software is up to date and secure.
Scripts or software deemed vulnerable may be removed or disabled by webO3 at any time, without notice, in order to protect the integrity of our servers.
5. Illegal Conduct or Abusive Use
webO3 reserves the right to terminate services at its sole discretion, if you use such services in combination with spam or morally unacceptable activities including but not limited to:
- Activities that defame, embarrass, hurt, abuse, threaten, slander or harass third parties;
- The transmission, distribution or storage of material violating any applicable law or rule, including pirated software or any pirated tool or content;
- The transmission, distribution or storage of any material protected by copyright, trademarks, trade secrets or other intellectual property rights without lawful authorization, and material which is obscene, defamatory, or constituting an invasion privacy or an illegal, or otherwise unlawful threat;
- Misrepresentation or fraudulent representation of products / services;
- Impersonating a third party;
- Illegal access to other computers or networks (i.e. hacking) and distribution of Internet viruses, or other similar destructive activities;
- Violation of US or Canadian export control laws for software or technical information;
- Facilitating, assisting or encouraging any activity described above, whether using the webO3 network or service by itself, or through the network or service of a third party;
- Interference with third party use of the webO3 network or service, or with the ability to connect to the Internet or provide services to Internet users.
webO3 will determine, in its sole discretion, the actions to be taken in the event of a violation of the AUP. webO3 reserves the right to suspend or terminate any account in violation of the AUP without notice or refund of prepaid funds. Violating the PUA could also subject you to civil or criminal prosecution.
7. Rights Reserved
webO3 reserves the right to modify this PUA at any time and without providing prior notice. You are responsible for all use of the webO3 services by you, your employees, agents, contractors, guests and customers, whether such use takes place with or without your consent.
8. Questions and Concerns
For any questions regarding the Acceptable Use Policy, please contact webO3 by email at .